When is the last time you went on vacation and took some time for yourself? Taking a vacation is beneficial for both your mental and physical health. When you return from your time off you are more likely to increase your productivity. A vacation offers a fresh environment to enjoy downtime and relaxation which helps to increase a sense of well-being. Taking a vacation also creates time to focus on family, it is the opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime. For those swamped with their daily routine, a vacation will feel like hitting the refresh button.
It is common knowledge that the U.S does not have a strong vacation culture. The average American employee only takes half of their allotted vacation days. This means they are overworked, overwhelmed, and overwrought, trapped into a monotonous routine of life. They live on autopilot and miss out on the daily joys of life. However, we all deserve to take time off, we need to relax and refresh to balance our life and maintain our health.There are many ways taking a vacation is beneficial to our physical and mental health.
- Break the Routine – many who are overworked adopt a zombie-like state. A vacation allows you break away from your automatic thought opening you up to more conscious thoughts.
- Focus on Being – today’s society is trapped in a “doing” state. Getting away to a new environment helps you to be in the moment, enjoy your surroundings.
- Get Back in Touch with Who You Are – a break from daily life allows time to reflect on ourselves and remember who we are.
- Inspire Us to Have Fun – vacation offers the opportunity to let loose and have fun. Having fun maintains our youth and unites us to all the beauty life has to offer.
- Reduce Stress – a vacation takes you away from your stress-filled environment
- Improved Productivity – after taking time off, you’ll return to work renewed which helps to increase your productivity which will bring happiness.
- Better Sleep – the effects of a vacation help to reduce work stress thus helping you to sleep at night.
On National Plan for Vacation Day do not forget to be cognizant of the value of creating time for yourself. Make your vacation non-negotiable, it is a vital part of your healthcare. Why not start now? Pick a date, mark it on your calendar, and organize your plans around it. And as always, if you have questions about the vacation rental market, AirOwnr is happy to be your guide.